Thursday, October 13, 2005

Great Seniors Supper

Phew~ Finally the Seniors supper is over. I must say I enjoyed helping out with this year's supper more than last. Perhaps I actually "cooked" this year. I can still remember I practically just helped out in the washing and clearing up of almost every suppers last year. So what did I actually cooked? Haha~ nothing fantastic. I just thought that BBQ Stingray would be something new for supper and yupz that's what I did for supper this year! Haha~ I must say I enjoyed coming up with a dish, it's like a sense of achievements in the arena of cooking? But of course, all these are not possible without the help of my dearest neighbour, brother, friend, teammate and BLOCKHEAD, Mr Elephant! He drove me and Shuqi down to Ginza market to get the Stingrays this morning before he headed off for his training. Later in the evening, he also helped me in marinating and preparing the Stingrays! Bro, you can be so wonderful at times. Yee~ Mushy. After getting the marinating stuffs done, I went up to prepare the BBQ pit and set up the fire and charcoal. It went quite well as the wind and humidity level was just right today and of course it was aided by some good pieces of charcoal. (Haha~ Sounding like some BBQ expert) After around 1 hour or so, I've finally BBQed all the Stingrays (think there are 30 pieces in total), with the help of Shuqi, Jan, WilZ and Elephant (again).

Supper finally started at 9.30pm. Half an hour off the official time but it's expected, as nothing is punctual in hall! Tootall, Chin and Ruiyi were invited back to join us for the supper, I must say Ruiyi has become really pretty! Her complexion is of much envy to most of us now. Chin and Tootall? Not much changes I guess? Ha~ With tootall still not good in cracking jokes and Chin still giving that WTF face =P

Tootall flagged off the start of the supper after giving a F~up speech, as compared to his COMMAND DINNER speech, what he said was really craps! Alright, enough of him, so we all digged in to all the food prepared by the seniors. First dish that I attacked? Mingui and Ken's Roasted Chicken with lots Onion, Tomatos and Butter! Think that's one of the best dishes tonight. The chicken was soft and it smells really good. It's DA BOMB! Then there were Elephant's Pasta, which I've tried it for donkey times since last year, JzeSern's Seafood Pizza, which was really special and delicious, Cloud and Zhiyou's Baked Potatoe? Oh ya, there were also Mingui's two other dishes, Dumplings and Baked Rice, which were quite yummy too. I think this Hantu can really cook. (tsk too bad he's leaving...tmd!) Then come to my Stingray! ARGH...Think I've over BBQ them, some were burnt and quite dried. I guess it was because of the re-heating part just before the start of supper which spoiled the juicy ones that we had while BBQing... Nevertheless the general response was kind as they liked the BBQ fish. Who wouldn't right?! It's Stingray!

I would say the supper was quite a success, as I feel all seniors played a part today as well as the first years. With the seniors showing support in various fields, from cooking till the aftermath clearing and washing up done by people like weijie, robin, elaine and rachel. I thought I saw a glimpse of JAckasS washing up too! Of course all wouldn't be fun without the support and showing up by the year 1s and the alumni. I guess these will be the things that I would miss if i were to leave the hall next year... which I think it's very likely now that I am set on going for exchange.

BTW, I think I'm getting weak. I'm currently on the verge of falling ill, popped two panadols before Handball training and two more after that yesterday. And I've already popped four more panadols today, just to prevent myself from getting the ultimate flu virus! Anyway, jL was sweet to give me a surprise yesterday with a box of strepsils placed on my door handle. She's always full of surprises! Love it~

Just some phrase I caught on TV the other day...

"love means letting the person you love getting the greatest happiness"

and I think jL is really giving me the greatest happiness I could ever ask for =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.emailcashpro.com