Thursday, March 02, 2006

Passion and Ability

Passion: strong feeling or emotion
Ability: the quality of being able to perform


I still remember what my JC basketball coach once told me in his car, during one of the many rides he gave me in the morning..."Being passionate and wanting to do well is one thing, the ability to do it is another..." The statement strike and stucked inside me till this day.


I gave up on competitve basketball earlier this semester, I am quite tired of facing defeats and disappointments time after time. Yes, that's a weak attitude for a sportsman, but maybe I am not one afterall. I never play sports for the correct attitude I guess. I play sports and engage in team sports for the fun of it. The joy of playing in a team, the pleasure of seeing my efforts being paid off in terms of personal glory or contribution to other team mates fame. I am a soreloser, I hate to lose and I hate it when things do not go it my way. I get pissed off when fouls are not called for and passes are not given to me. Basically, I do not have the right temperament to be a sportsman.


I love competition, I love the adrenaline rush when I gained a point or forced a turnover from the opponents. But I am really tired of the disappointments and injuries. I hate the pain to see my team down in tears, I hate to feel the heartache of feeling unjust and I hate the thought of why yet another defeat...


I have mentioned earlier, I will and can never be the player to change a game single handedly, I am by no means an important player or superstar. The tag of "wonderkid" given by tootall was too kind for me. Maybe it's more applicable for Wilson. Nevertheless I am still proud to be labelled together and bragged about it. That's how they way I overcome my inferiority. I want to be with the best, yet I feel inferior. I want the best, yet I feel inferior. The chance to play with the Legends was really tempting, but somehow I know and others know as well that I will not be playing much in that team. Team KR will be sending a team, one that comprises mainly the year 1s, not that I look down on them, but I am sick of playing with players who are technically not there. By that I mean normal passing and some common senses play...things which I feel that if you are a guy who play sports and watch soccer would know! But well, somehow they don't. Nevertheless I will still be playing, for the sake of the future and for what tootall and the rest of the seniors have taught me, the tradition and continuity. I dare to say I don't have much feelings for KR, by that KR as a whole. Of course I am proud of the support we had at times for matches like last year's handball matches as well as the handball final this year, the incredible cheering during both years of RAG and of course being part of the great Hall Musical this year. These are some events which made me feel touched and proud to be counted as part of KentRidgean. For that, I will play for Team KR.


I have also registered for hostel stay in KRH next semester. Yes, I procastinated. This was supposed to be my last semester. It would be if there was DnD this year. But by fate or destiny, there wasn't and I would really like to attend one last DnD with my buddies in E block before I leave for exchange. On top of that, I am still sore over the loss of IBG title, which I hope we can win it back next semester. It's not going to be easy, but we are still the favourites!


Like I have said before and many others as well, hall is addictive and harmful. It sucks your energy and freedom away but could very well give you climax...


For now, I will strenghten my knee and ankle, hopefully good enough to last me throughout IBG next semester. IHG, Handball League or Fed team...maybe not in this lifetime...


I am someone who needs to be told that I am good enough...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.emailcashpro.com