Saturday, July 22, 2006

Riddle! 2

Ok, congrats to weishiong for solving the first riddle!

Another easy one for all of you =) Remember to answer in the comments page and not the tagboard or MSN! Cheers~

Riddle:

3 Men - one tall, one short, one blind - are on a death row. The executioner wants to play a game with them,

"I have 5 small hats - 3 black and 2 white. From the 5 hats, i'll choose 3 to put on each of your heads. If anyone can guess correctly the colour of his own hat, i'll set all 3 of you free. If anyone guesses wrongly, i'll immediately kill all 3 of you. You can choose not to guess and pass the chance."

So he blindfolded all 3 of them, and went on to place the hats on their heads. He then called the tall man out, and took off his blindfold. The tall man looked at the hats of the short and blind men, then said,"I cannot say for sure my own color. I'll pass."

Next up was the short man. His blindfold was taken off, he looked at the hats of the tall and blind man, and said,"I'm sorry brothers...I also can't tell. I'll pass"

Next up was the blind man. The executioner laughed at him,"You can't even see, how are you going to guess correctly?"
The blind man confidently said,"Even though I am blind, I can tell you for sure the colour of my own hat."

And he was right.

***********************************
BIG QUESTION: HOW DID HE DO IT?
***********************************

Assumptions:
1) All 3 men are smart
2) It's impossible to see your own hat

2 Comments:

At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

man can onli tell when 2 white hats on other ppl.

tall man can't tell. so there should be at least 1 black on short and blind.

short man knows that at least 1 black on him and blind man. if he sees white on blind man, he is consperm black on himself. but he cannot guess. means it is black on blind man.

therefore blind man knows that he's is black

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger jL-yZ said...

Congrats =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.emailcashpro.com