Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Block issues 1

Hmm..how do I start. Don't think I should be blogging about the things which I am going to write but ah heck.

* player was telling me that during captain election meeting, some monster made a remark regarding the return of Capt Jie. "Why is he even back? He didn't contribute anything to hall..." that's roughly what she asked * player. So now comes the question, why can't he be back!? Does she knows that Capt Jie was one of the pioneers who set up the KR website!? Does she knows that Capt Jie was the Basketball IHG vice-capt last year and did a fantastic job in assisting the captain? Does she knows that he actually completed and handed over his duties properly before he left the hall during sem 2? Does she knows that he played his heart out for KR before he left also!? So...What the f does she wants us to justify his return? In any case, it is master's decision to take him back. Who is she to question this issue!?

Then came the captain selection. "I can't be the captain, because I will not be able to play well if I become one." Personal reason? Selfish? So by pushing the role to someone else, she will be able to play better? We shall see...

So now, my turn to ask her..."Why are you even still using THE nick?"

Enough.

Elephant was telling me he's getting tired of being the head. I was shocked but somehow understand why. He told me that some of the girls are not happy about the decision to wear common attire for the bash. Well, I gave him my frank opinion. Several reasons could be playing a part in this unhappiness...

1) These people paid money to attend this bash, they want to have fun and they want to look good. By asking them to conform to a standard attire...I don't think they would be too happy about it.
2) The manner Elephant told them about the rational in having a theme wear. "We want to win best dress block..." Even as a winner like me...was a bit turned off by that statement. I mean IBG is just behind our back and just when you thought the year1s are not turned off by what we seniors have been telling them about every single matches...now they are hearing it again. Yes...the word "WIN".

So come to the issue of "Is winning everything to E blockers?" I'm afraid the answer is yes and no. By being a sports block, Eguanas are cultivated to have that fighting and winning spirit inside us. I still remember my OG attached B block seniors were asking me last year when I was still a freshie, " Are you stressed to be inside E block? Like always about winning IBG?" My answer was straight and fast NO. Reason given was simple, winning is primary to me for any competitive sports, if not it's not called competitive anymore. Give me a friendly match and you will see me playing at a leisure manner.

So why are the Baby Eguanas feeling the strain this year? I guess it's a failure on our part as seniors of E block. We are too used to winning, the only sad moment I remember last year was Bball final when we lost out to B. Then, DM was there to comfort us and smooth talk us even though he was sad himself. This year, I think most seniors including me didn't do a good job in assuring the Babies that IBG is just IBG, what's more it's ICBG only this year. That it doesn't matter if we lost this match or that match, ultimately we had fun and we played well. It's this failure I think that made the Babies felt so stressed up and pressured and even turned off to be in E block for IBG. Having said that, there are a group of Baby Eguanas who came out stronger and felt stronger for E block. I dare to say this group of people will be the very same group to inspire the next batch of Babies on the courts and field come next year IBG. Yes, I want IBG! No more ICBG crap thingy. Ok, that's beside the point. I've realised some things better from this year's IBG myself too. Yes. The most basic lesson, IBG is just IBG. E block is not defined by winning IBG for the number of times. We are defined by being able to retain the sports talents in KR and bond them together as a team of sportsmen. A sports block is important, like what Tootall told us. Without a common place, the sportsmen will never be able to relate themselves with their closest neighbours. Imagine your neighbours are all cultural or committee people and when you want to talk tactics or ask them down for a game or two, they were totally off about it. Soon, you will get sick of staying in that block and eventually Hall. So come on Elephant, come on Eguanas, let's show the people what's sports block and we are more than just being a sports block but a family block.

Just my 2 cents worth of thoughts...

11 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tsk Tsk .. who is this SHE ... I think she requires some disciplinary action ... by CPT (to-be) HON ...

Anyway, Elephant (sorry Zackie gotta borrow your blog to relay messages), do remember that not everyone in E blk is a sportsman. Different people have different interests and it is up to YOU to accomodate everybody and make everyone feel treasured and worthy of an E-blker. Whether they are aspiring rock stars, actors or just a plain ol' resident, the block must be behind each of them, all the way.
And it is up to you, Eleplant, to lead the block in the best way you deem fit!
And remember, don't take everything so seriously. Cos nothing really matters that much ... only 1 thing is important!!!
I will let Tootall provide the answer to that :)

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger jL-yZ said...

Is it IBG?!?!

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

er... IBCG? haha

 
At 3:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha wow dm! good to hear u on blogs!

haha who's SHE? yankie lor. Think Elephant needs some time to get used to the environment. Yes times have changed and so has the mentality here. Good decisions/traditions in the past may not be applicable anymore (haiz..) and perhaps it's time to move to another direction. That, Elephant, is probably your hardest task.

Jiayou, cos you always have us with you. And totally agree wif dm, nothing really matters that much.

cheers

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger jL-yZ said...

Yup, at the end of the day like what vader said...back to basic...care for your own happiness...=)

 
At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found out the SHE. Disappointed ... tsk tsk ... never knew this would happen ...

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger jL-yZ said...

Nah...maybe SHE's just a misunderstood party eventually...learn to forgive and forget...there are more important issues at hand...sighz...life is so complex...

 
At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Misunderstood just like me?
haha .. nice one ken .. Yankee ... damn funny...
What important issues? Life is simple, don't make it complex. It's just like Winning 11 ... it's always either a normal game or a zham game, there's nothing else!

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger jL-yZ said...

I am also a misunderstood dude. Just like all E blkers are? haha~ superb! NYY is the new hot topic.

 
At 3:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NYY is the new hot topic but NYY is DEFINITELY not hot.

goodness, wad a superb analogy by dm. life is like W11, it's either normal or zham.

 
At 3:40 AM, Blogger jL-yZ said...

Haha...but i used to have superb game. Superb comeback with two chipping shot by me! Rembr mr teo?
I miss those days...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.emailcashpro.com