Monday, October 03, 2005

Culture Night 2005

WooHoo~ My only involvement with the culture side of KR is finally over (almost). I've been with the SOC comm for a year now, started my first duty doing culture night 2004 as the sound I/C. I can still remember how Nick, the director back then, was so particular with every single lightings and sounds for the performance. The most ridiculous one was having a tech run which started at 7pm and ended at 2am!!! I must say that was one memorable (a bit unpleasant) first time experience as a SOC comm crew.

Come this year culture night 2005, supposed to be done by a new SOC comm crew but somehow this year's performance was brought forward and the new comm was not yet formed. So, the existing crew was in charge of the technical aspect of the performance yet again. Although I wasn't very happy about this issue but I guess it was a good opportunity for us to end off our term in SOC comm with a BANG? (after last sem's COMMAND, which was supposed to be the last duty for SOC) And so coincidentally, my last duty with the committee is going to be culture night again! This time round, as the lightings I/c! I've always been interested with the lights, but I was too inexperienced (not that I am a expert now) with the system and technical aspect in the SOC room during last year's CN, that's why I was only in charge of the sounds. I had lots of fun during the tech runs this year, not that it's shorter than last year but I was able to play with the lights. I like the part whereby I need to flash the lights on and off whenever there are strong reactions from the actresses. (counterstrike helps! Think I just "fragged" 50 kills with the duration and frequency of my clicks during the CN just now) Just when you think all these funs are enough for me to enjoy CN2005, my Baby! Yes! jL sang in one of the performances put up by the INSPIRE. No matter how bad you think you sang today, you are still one of the better singers if not the best out there Baby! Well done!!!

Nothing much to bitch about for the performance, other than the director was a bit irritating in flashing the lights and "disturbing" my duties, it was an enjoyable culture night for me. Oh ya, of course not to forget some of the "bloopers" by one of the actresses =P It all ended with Ranjan doing the credits part and of course me enjoying the last few minutes flashing the entire hall! With that, I ended my part with the "culture" side of KR!

And now, PHANTOM TIME~

Lights off.

*Updated. Photos from DA NIGHT~



Old neighbours back at the E-6th floor long wing... Posted by Picasa
Fond memories return on this night...

9 Comments:

At 3:17 AM, Blogger ken Da MAN said...

wad bloopers were there?

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger jL-yZ said...

wahaha~ zao geng bloopers =p OOPS

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger ken Da MAN said...

i wanna noe i wanna noe!! like who? wear red one ar?

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger ken Da MAN said...

anyway i'm doin that sign to u..

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger jL-yZ said...

DIU~ haha

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger ken Da MAN said...

eh wad diu! to why i'm doing that to u, go figure out. wahaha.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger jL-yZ said...

becoz i pang seh you guys and moved to short wing? haha~

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger ken Da MAN said...

hahaha hmmmz ok tt's 1 more to the list why i shld do that to u. hahha..

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger jL-yZ said...

diu~...dislike me so much...tsk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.emailcashpro.com