Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Competitive sports

I think I am not cut out to be a competitive player. Yes. A bit late in the realisation. I've been playing sports, both leisure and competitive for several years. Never have I been able to win something or achieve something in Team sports. Maybe I am not a team player or maybe I just don't have the extra cutting edge to be the winning factor for the team or whatever. In anycase, I feel I am getting old. Maybe not old and useless but defintely more and more injury prone and get tired more easily. I do enjoy helping players and guideing some of the younger players along, but I am extremely disappointed with my own poor performances. Especially so when I never seem to be doing the right thing. Guess my mental strenght is not strong enough to believe in myself and ignore others remarks. Too many remarks and tried to change too much always result in me being lost on the court. Ok, that's an excuse as some of you may say. Whatever~

I've put some comments across to the team during debrief just now, but I felt that I didn't manage to inspire the year 1s. Wanted to tell him to fight on and show their potentials...but I felt that the feeling they got from me was...this senior was trying to pet talk and comfort them. Bleah~ Ken did a better job anyway.

Man Utd. Yes, the team that disappointed me last weekend is going to play again tonight. Without the key players, the most senior players around would be Ruud, Silvestre, Rio...arh...hate to mention him. Being one of the best paid players in the squad, he has been making too much gross errors. 'Just because you are paid £120,000 a week and play well for 20 minutes against Tottenham, you think you are a superstar,' well said by Capt Keano.
I think Fergie should just drop him. And wait for some KOK team to buy him up. Maybe Real would do that, or even Chelsea. Man Utd should have sold him during the summer. Yucks. Another mistake by Fergie. Maybe Fergie himself should go. Together with the useless Scholes and the old Keane. Let Giggs stay another year maybe. He's still a joy to watch on the field.

A championship team has a pool of scoring midfielders. Even the Taxi Uncle can tell me the other day that Chelsea is not playing 4-5-1, they are actually playing 4-6! All their midfielders can score! That reminded me of the old Man Utd, when Becks, Giggs, Scholes and Keano are all scoring for fun. When Andy Cole can just bicycle from outside penalty box or do a one-two with Dwight Yorke. Just when they are off form, there were always Baby Face Assassin or OLD TEDDY TEDDY to count on. NOW? RUUD, ROONEY and....no one...

Having said those things...I am stubborn enough to want to watch how they fair against some KOK French team. Like what Yishu said, they should get a good trashing. Basu said, they had already got one from Boro. My reply? They should get another one. Just in case they thought it was just bad luck last weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://www.emailcashpro.com